Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
Xiaomi Mi-5 Hard Reset
- Turn Off your device and wait 30 seconds
- Now Press and hold Volume Down and Power Button until you see a Menu
- Now scroll and select Recovery Mode with Volume Down key.
- Now select Recovery Mode and press Volume UP key to Enter Recovery Mode.
- Now you see a Android Logo
- Now Select Wipe data/factory reset with Volume down and press Volume UP key to Confirm
- Now Select Yes -- Delete all user data and press Volume UP to confirm.
- Now Select wipe cache partition and press volume UP for confirm
- Now Select Reboot to complete hard reset process and Reboot your Device
Note: All data will be lost after hard reset, so please take a full backup of your Data.