Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
Vodafone V1640 Hard Reset
- Power of handset
- Use the stylus to lightly press and hold the RESET button on the left side of your device.
- The device restarts and displays the Today screen.
- Press and hold both SOFT KEYS shown enclosed by circles in the picture below.
- Keep these keys pressed, and at the same time, use the stylus to lightly press and hold the RESET button on the left side of your device.
- Press either 0 to restore to factory default or X to exit the hard reset process.
- reboot handset now.
Hard Reset by Code:
- Enter Dial
- Now select Factory reset