Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Sony Ericsson Xperia ARC
Reset Via Settings
- Turn your phone on
- Open your App drawer and find the “Settings” app.
- Tap on “Backup & Reset”.
- Tap on “Factory Data Reset”.
- Choose “Reset Phone”.
- Press “Erase Everything”.
- Back up your important files, and download PC Companion from here: http://www.sonymobile.com/gb/tools/pc-companion/
- After installation you will see window with 4 options.
- Now hover your mouse over the option "Support Zone Now!" and click "Start".
- Next please wait, until your program Install a suitable additive.
- Afterwards from the window with 3 options choose "Phone / Tablet Software Update", and click "Start".
- Then click to "repair my phone / tablet".
- Accept all informations.
- Now your program will run "preparing computer for software update".
- Select your model.
- After that you will see window with informations.
- Follow the instructions, and connect your device into your Personal Computer.