Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Sony Clie PEG-TG50
- Take out the reset tip by unscrewing the metal barrel from the stylus quill.
- Use the reset tip to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your CLIÉ handheld.
- The system shuts down and then restarts.After restarting, the system displays "palm powered," "CLIÉ," and"Sony," followed by the preferences screen for setting the time and date
- Slide down the POWER/HOLD switch.
- While sliding down the POWER/HOLD switch, press theRESET button gently with the stylus pin.
- When the palm powered screen is displayed, release the POWER/HOLD switch after three seconds
- Press the scroll button upward.Press the scroll button upward.A hard reset is performed on your CLIÉ handheld