Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Sony Clie PEG-SJ33
- Take out the reset tip by unscrewing the metal barrel from the stylus quill.
- Use the reset tip to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your CLIÉ handheld.
- The system shuts down and then restarts.After restarting, the system displays "palm powered," "CLIÉ," and"Sony," followed by the preferences screen for setting the time and date
- Hold down the POWER button on your CLIÉ handheld.
- While holding down the POWER button, use the reset tip togently press and release the reset button.The Palm Powered logo screen is displayed.
- Release the POWER button.A message warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your CLIÉ handheld is displayed.
- Press the upper half of the scroll button on the front panel of your CLIÉ handheld.Your CLIÉ handheld undergoes a hard reset.