Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Samsung i997 Infuse 4G
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on the device.
- On the Settings screen, touch Privacy > Factory data reset.
- When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase everything. Device resets the settings to the original factory settings, and then restarts
- Switch off your device
- Then press and hold Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button, and release only Power button, when Samsung logo appear
- Now if you see yellow text, then release rest buttons.
- Select option wipe data/factory reset using Volume Down button to browse option, and Power button to confirm operation.
- Choose YES from the menu, and accept it with Power key.
- After that press Power button to accept option Reboot.
Reset Via Master key
- Start by turning your device on, to do it press Power button.
- Then dialling screen of your device type this code in dialer: *2767*3855#
- Next on confirm whole Factory reset process by tapping Call key again.
- Now your device should reboot.