Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy 551 Android
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on your phone.
- Go to menu: Setting > Privacy > Factory Data Reset > Reset Device
- Choose Erase Everything
- Enter the alternative password for your device.
- Now you need to wait for your device to complete the reset process.
- Switch off your device.
- Then hold and press 2 buttons: T key from QWERTY keyboard + Power button.
- Release them, when you see menu of Recovery Mode.
- From the menu select option wipe data/factory reset using Volume button to scroll, and Home button to confirm.
- Now choose option YES, and confirm that.
- Afterwards select Reboot system now with Home button.
Reset Via Master key
- Start by turning your device on, to do it press Power button.
- Then dialling screen of your device type this code in dialer: *2767*3855#
- Next on confirm whole Factory reset process by tapping Call key again.
- Now your phone should reboot.
Warning All your data including contacts, messages etc.. will be deleted! Make a copy of everything on your computer first! Take out the memory card and SIM card before full reset!