Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy Droid Charge
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on the device.
- On the Settings screen, touch Privacy > Factory data reset.
- When prompted, touch Reset phone, and then touch Erase everything. Device resets the settings to the original factory settings, and then restarts
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and Hold the Volume Down button then press the Power button. Hold the Power button for 2 seconds and release it without releasing the Volume Down button.
- Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
- Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
- Choose Clear Storage (sometimes named Wipe Data / Factory Reset)
- Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.
- When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device.
Reset Via Master key
- Start by turning your device on, to do it press Power button.
- Then dialling screen of your device type this code in dialer: *2767*3855#
- Next on confirm whole Factory reset process by tapping Call key again.
- Now your device should reboot.