Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Samsung ATIV S
- Turn off the Device
- Then press and hold together Volume Down button + Power button.
- When the string "Windows Phone" goes out, release only Power button.
- If you see exclamation mark in your screen, release other buttons.
- Next press in sequence: Volume Up -> Volume Down -> Power buton -> Volume Down.
- Now wait for reboot your device.
Reset Via Setting
- Turn on your device.
- Open Settings
- Tap About phone
- Tap Reset phone and
- Then Tap OK