Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Palm Pilot series
- Unscrew the tip of the stylus to access the reset tool.
- Use the reset tool to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the back panel of your phone.
- Press and hold the power button on the top of the phone.
- While holding down the power button, use the reset tool (or similar object without a sharp tip) to gently press and release the reset button.
- When the system screen appears, release the power button.
- When a message appears on the phone screen warning that you are about to erase all the data stored on your phone, do one of the following:"Press the upper half of the scroll button on the front panel of the handheld to complete the hard reset and start Setup.Press any other button to perform a soft reset".