Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Palm LifeDrive
- Unscrew the tip of the stylus to access the reset tool.
- Use the reset tool to gently press the reset button inside the hole on the bottom of your phone.
- Move the Power switch to the On/Off position and hold it there.
- While holding the Power switch, tilt your device so you can see the bottom (where the power and HotSync cables connect). Use the stylus to gently depress the RESET hole on the bottom right.
- You'll see a screen that says "Warning Erase all data?" Using the 5-way navigator, press LEFT. Note: This is a special option that does not appear on the "Warning" screen.
- Your mobile manager will take about 30 minutes to reformat the Program Memory and Internal Drive.
- When finished, your device will take you through a series of screens to calibrate the digitizer and set the time and date