Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Nokia N900
Hard Reset via menu option
- Switch on your phone.
- Select > More... > Backup.
- Select the desired backup and Restore.
- Select the data types to restore.
- Confirm that you want to restore the data. If the backup is password-protected, enter the password, and select OK.
- If your device contains a newer version of the files than the backup you are restoring, the device asks you to confirm if you want to save the backed up version, or cancel data restore. Select from the following:
- Yes — The device overwrites the current version with the backed up file.
- Yes to all — The device overwrites all conflicting files without further confirmation.
- No — The version on the device is not replaced.