Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Nokia E5-00
Hard Reset via menu option
- Switch on your phone.
- Go to Menu: Menu > Ctrl. panel > Settings and General >Factory settings
- Device will ask the default security lock code is: 12345
Hard Reset via hardware key
- Press and Hold * key + 3 key + Call button + Power button until you see logo Nokia.
- Then release all hold buttons.
- It will ask security code, input default security code of device: 12345
- Now your device will reset and restart.
- Try to type: *#7370# and it will ask the security code of device.
- Nokia default Security code is "12345"