Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola XT301
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on your device.
- From the home screen, select the Applications tab.
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- From the Personal data section, select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset Phone.
- Select Erase Everything.
- Turn off your phone.
- Now press and hold this buttons: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power button.
- When Android green man apper in your screen, then press Home button.
- Next select option wipe data/factory reset using Volume keys to hightlight option, and Power button to confirm.
- Then choose and confirm option Yes -- delete all user data.
- After that to finish operation confirm option reboot system now