Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola XPRT
Reset via Setting
- From the screen of your phone, touch apps
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Tap Reset Phone
- Tap Erase Everything
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the R and M keys while pressing the Power button. You will see the red M logo on your screen then the screen with the Android-bot and a yellow exclamation mark inside a white triangle.
- Once this screen appears, release the keys and press the @ key.
- Use the Volume Up and Volume down buttons to select wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the return key.
- Choose Yes -- delete all user data to confirm that you would like to wipe all data from the device and press the return key.
- Your device should now cycle through the wiping/reset process and return to the Android system recovery screen. Make sure reboot system now is selected and press the return key to powercycle device.