Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola XOOM MZ604
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on your device.
- From a home screen, select Apps (located in the upper right).
- Select Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Factory data reset.
- Select Reset tablet.
- Select Erase everything.
- With the device powered off, press the Power button to power the device on.
- Wait a full two seconds from the time the tablet starts displaying the red Motorola logo then press and hold Volume down.
- When --> Android recovery appears (in the upper left), release Volume down then press Volume up.
- When the Android recovery screen (Android with exclamation point in a red triangle) appears, press and hold the Power button.
- While holding the Power button, press and release Volume up.
- Select wipe data/factory.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data.
- Select reboot system now.