Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola XOOM 2
Reset via Setting
- Switch on your device.
- From the home screen, touch Apps
- Touch Settings
- Touch Privacy
- Touch Factory data reset
- Touch Reset tablet and follow the onscreen instructions
- Switch off your device.
- Turn on the tablet with power button, wait a full 2 seconds from the time the tablet starts showing the red Motorola logo, then press and hold the down Volume key.
- Android Recovery will appear on top of screen if timing is done correctly. Release volume button.
- While screen states Android Recovery, Press volume up button, the screen will say Entering Android recovery mode and a few seconds later an Android robot graphic will appear alone on the screen. Release buttons.
- Hold down power button and then press the volume up key together to see the Android Recovery screen menu selections.
- Use the volume buttons to move up and down through selection in this menu.
- Using the volume down button, scroll down to Wipe data/factory reset.
- Tap Power hard key to select option.
- Scroll down to select Yes, delete all user data.
- Tap the power button to select. Wiping and formatting data will take a few minutes.
- You will return back to the Android recovery screen menu.