Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola RAZR XT910
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on your device.
- Touch the app tab, within the home screen to open the application menus.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Power up the phone by pressing the Vol Up + Vol Down KEY together + Power KEY .
- Use the Vol Down Key to SCROLL and Vol Up Key to Select
- Select Recovery
- The device will start up with Motorola logo and power up to a little Android man logo with Exclamation mark
- Press the Vol Up and Vol Down Key together at this screen
- Use the Vol Down Key to scroll Down and the Power Key to Select the option desired .
- In this case , press the Vol Down key till the Wipe data / factory reset is Selected and press the Power key to confirm the Selection .
- Use the Vol Down key again to Select YES - delete all user data and press the Power key to Confirm .
- The device will then start performing the Factory Data Reset