Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola RAZR V XT889
Reset via Setting
- From the screen of your phone, touch apps
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Backup and Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Tap Reset Phone
- Tap Erase Everything
- Press and hold the Volume Up Key, then briefly press the Power Key. Keep pressing the Volume Up Key until the boot menu appears.
- Scroll to Recovery by pressing the Volume Down Key.
- Press the Volume Up Key.
- Press the Volume Up Key and Volume Down Key.
- Scroll to wipe data/factory reset by pressing the Volume Down Key
- Press the Power Key.
- Scroll to Yes -- delete all user data by pressing the Volume Down Key.