Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola RAZR i
Reset via Setting
- From the screen of your phone, touch apps
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Backup and Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Tap Reset Phone
- Tap Erase Everything
- With the phone Powered off, press the Vol Up + Vol Down Key together + Power Key .
- The device will display different Boot Options.
- Use the Vol Down Key to Scroll to Recovery and Vol Up Key to Select.
- The device will display the Motorola logo and then the Android in distress ( logo with Exclamation mark)
- Press and hold the Vol Down Key for 5-10 seconds
- While still holding the Vol Down Key tap and release the Vol Up Key.
- Use the Vol Down Key to scroll to Wipe data / factory reset and the Power Key to Select this option.
- Use the Vol Down Key again to select YES - delete all user data and press the Power Key to CONFIRM
- Once the Formatting is complete, press the Power Key to confirm a Reboot.