Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola MOTO G
- Your device must be switched off before starting.
- Enter the device in recovery mode by hold the Volume level down key and then clicking the Power key. A boot choice menu will immediately show up and here you must use your volume level down button to navigate.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset from recovery mode by using the power key to choose it.
- Use the Volume level down key to select Yes when asked if you are sure that you want to remove all files.
- You can also clear cache by selecting Wipe cache partition.
- Reboot your device and that was all; you have successfully completed the hard resetting procedure.
Reset via Setting
- Touch the menu icon from your handset.
- Now select Settings.
- Choose Backup and reset and then Factory data reset.
- When you are ready to proceed, just select Reset mobile phone and the hard reset procedure is being completed.