Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola Milestone
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on your device.
- Touch the app tab, within the homescreen to open the application menus.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press Power key + Camera Key to power on the phone and bring up the recovery screen.
- Press Volume Up + Camera Key to show the recovery menu.
- Select Wipe data/factory reset.
- Select Reboot Phone.