Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola MILESTONE 2 ME722
Reset via Setting
- Switch on your device.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu, and then tap Settings.
- Flick to and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- Tap Erase Everything.
- Slide the keyboard open then press and hold the x key on the keyboard.
- Switch on the phone whilst holding the x key down and keep it pressed until the Android logo appears
- Once the Android recover logo appears you can release the x button.
- On screen, it does say to use touch to highlight however this didnt seem to work so instead use the volume keys to navigate the menu and use the camera button to select an option
- Head down to the option Wipe date/factory reset and press the camera button to confirm this is what you want to do.
- You should see a message Wiping data, Performing wipe date clear then Formatting Data, followed by Formatting Cache messages.
- When the process is complete you should get the message Data wipe complete.