Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on your device.
- Touch the app tab, within the home screen to open the application menus.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up/Down buttons then press the Power button.
- Press the Volume Down button to tap Recovery then press the Volume Up button.
- Select wipe data or Factory Reset.
- Note Utilize the volume keys to highlight and the Power button to select.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data.
- Select reboot system now.