Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola DROID RAZR M
- Ensure the device is powered off.
- Press and hold the VOLUME UP key for 2-3 seconds then press and release the POWER key.
- The device will display different DROID Icon.
- From the Android system recovery screen, press and hold the VOL UP key for 10-15 seconds. While still holding the VOL UP key tap and release the POWER key.
- Select wipe data / factory reset.
- Select Yes -- delete all user data.
- Select reboot system now.
Reset via Setting
- From a home screen, tap Apps Applications icon.
- From the Apps tab, tap Settings.
- Tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone.
- Tap Erase everything.