Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola Droid
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on your device.
- Touch the app tab, within the home screen to open the application menus.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Turn off the Droid.
- Open the physical keyboard and press the X key while pressing and holding the Power Button. The device will turn on, keep holding these two buttons until a yellow triangle appears.
- Press the Volume Up and then the Camera button at the same time to get a menu to come up. You may have to press them more then once.
- You have now entered Recovery Mode.
- Use the Directional Pad on the Physical Keyboard to select the Format option.