Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola DROID 4
Reset via Setting
- From the screen of your phone, touch apps
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Tap Reset Phone
- Tap Erase Everything
- Power off the device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons while pressing the Power button to turn the device on.
- Continue to hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons until a Boot Mode menu appears on the screen.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons on the side of the device. The system recovery screen will appear. If it doesn’t appear, try again.
- Press Volume Down to toggle the selection to wipe data/factory reset.
- Press the Power button to choose the selection.
- Use the Volume Down button to toggle the selection to Yes, then press Power.