Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola DEFY XT535
Reset via Setting
- From the screen of your phone, touch apps
- Tap Settings
- Scroll down and tap Backup and Reset.
- Tap Factory Data Reset
- Tap Reset Phone
- Tap Erase Everything
- After switching the phone off, take the battery out and place it back it after one minute.
- Hold the Volume Down and Power keys for a few seconds then release them when the Recovery Menu appears.
- Tap on the lower right of the screen to see the options and use the Volume Down key to scroll down and select the Clear Storage option.
- Press Power once to confirm and use the same Volume buttons to select Yes.
- If necessary, tap Power once again and read the warning on the screen.