Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola DEFY XT XT556
- Switch the phone off and make sure the battery is completely charged.
- Press and hold at the same time the following buttons: Power & Volume Down until the logo and exclamation sign pop up.
- To see the menu press Home and scroll down to choose Wipe Data, using the Volume keys.
- Press the Power button to get the procedure started and wait for maximum 5 minutes until it’s over
Reset via Setting
- With the phone turned on, open the Main Menu and go to the Settings folder.
- Choose Privacy and scroll to the Factory Data Reset option.
- Select Reset Phone and tap Erase Everything as a confirmation.
- Wait for a while until the reboot begins and don’t interrupt at any time.