Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola Charm
Reset Via Settings
- Switch on your device.
- Touch the app tab, within the homescreen to open the application menus.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll down and tap Privacy.
- Tap Factory Data Reset.
- Tap Reset Phone.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the X key and Lock/Power key simultaneously.
- Continue to hold the X key until you see the phone go into recovery mode.
- Press the Lock/Power key to access the Android System Recovery Utility screen.
- Use the Volume Down key, Left Arrow key, or the Backtrack key to highlight Wipe Cache Partition.
- Press the Return key to select Wipe Cache Partition.
- Once complete, you will be returned to the Android System Recovery Utility screen.
- Select Reboot System Now.