Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Motorola Backflip
- Power off the phone, press and hold camera button ( do not release), press power button until phone turns on. Release power button while holding camera button down.
- Release the camera button when prompted.
- Press the volume down button and wait for 15 seconds for a triangle ! to appear on the screen. ( message “volume up key pressed “ will appear )
- With flip closed, tap bottom right corner of darkened display (just above back button).
- Select wipe data / factory reset on screen.
- Press Ok. Wait for data wipe complete message to appear.
- Press reboot system now.
Reset Via Settings
- Open the Applications Tray
- Touch Settings
- Scroll down and touch SD and Card Storage .
- Scroll down and touch Factory Data Reset
- Touch Reset Phone