Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset LG VX8100
Reset Via Setting
- Press Power button to switch on device.
- Click OK/Menu
- Click right twice to get to the Settings and Tools Menu
- Click down until you get to the System
- Click down until you get to the Security
- Enter your lock code.
- Click Reset Default
- You’ll see a message that says “Reset Default: Preference settings will be set to factory defaults. Press OK to continue.” You know what to do here…
- Use Up/Down keys to highlight an option(below) and press Revert/ Cancel
- Remove battery from back of the device.
- Now put back battery again after couple seconds.
- Press the Power button, wait for device to turn on.