Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset LG Thrive P506
Reboot (safe mode)
- Turn off your phone and reboot. When the LG Logo is displayed on the screen, press and hold the Menu Key. Your main screen will then be displayed with the words "Safe mode" in lower left corner.
- From the Home screen, press the Menu Key and touch Settings > Applications > Manage applications.
- Choose the application you wish to uninstall and touch Uninstall and OK to confirm.
- After uninstalling the application, turn off and reboot your phone.
- If using Safe Mode does not restore your phone to the original condition, use a Hard Reset to initialize your phone.
- Turn the power off.
- Press and hold the following keys at the same time for 10 seconds: Power/Lock Key + Home Key + Up Volume Key.
- When the power turns on, release the keys.
- Remove battery from back of the device.
- Now put back battery again after couple seconds.
- Press the Power button, wait for device to turn on.