Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset LG Optimus S Android
- Ensure the handset is turned off.
- Press and hold the Volume Down key.While holding the Volume Down key, press and hold the Home key.
- While holding the Volume Down and Home keys, press and hold the Power key.Release all keys when the LG logo appears.
- Press the Volume Down key to scroll to wipe data/factory reset and press the Menu key to select.
- Press the Volume Down key to scroll to Yes -- delete all user data and press the Menu key.
- Press the Menu key with reboot system now highlighted. The handset will completely reset and restart.
Reset Via Setting
- Switch on your device.
- From the main home screen, tap menu
- Tap Settings, then Privacy
- Tap Factory data reset
- Tap Reset phone
- Enter your password if required, then tap Erase everything to confirm
- Remove battery from back of the device.
- Now put back battery again after couple seconds.
- Press the Power button, wait for device to turn on.