Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset LG Octane
Reset via Setting
- Switch on your device.
- Select “Menu” from the Octane's home screen.
- Select “Settings and Tools,” and then choose “Phone Settings.”
- Select “Security” and enter the phone's security code. By default, this code is set to the last four digits of your phone number.
- Choose “Restore Phone.” Select “OK” when asked to confirm. Enter the restore phone code to proceed -- this code is also set to the last four digits of your phone number by default.
- Wait while the phone restores. When it finishes and completes its final boot, it will be restored to factory settings.
- Remove battery from back of the device.
- Now put back battery again after couple seconds.
- Press the Power button, wait for device to turn on.