Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Kyocera Hydro XTRM
Reset Via settings
- Back up all data on the internal memory. See: Back up & restore.
- Back up all necessary data that is on the internal memory.
- From any Home screen, tap the All apps icon.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to 'PERSONAL,' then tap Backup & reset.
- Tap Factory data reset.
- If your phone is password protected, you'll be prompted to enter your Pattern, PIN, or Password.
- Tap Erase everything.
Reset via Hardware key
- Turn off the smartphone
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Volume Down and Power button for 10 seconds or so. An Android lying on its back will pop-up on the screen after a while
- Press the Volume Down button twice until the Recovery mode option appears
- Press the Power button to reboot your device in recovery mode. An image with a red triangle should appear
- Tap Volume up while holding the Power button
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the buttons
- Use the volume rocker to navigate to wipe data / factory reset
- Press the Power button to select the option
- Navigate to Yes – erase all user data and press Power
- Finally, highlight reboot system now and once again, confirm the selection by pressing Power
- Your smartphone will factory reset and reboot in normal mode