Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset Huawei U8860 Honor
Reset Via Menu
- First, access the main home screen, then press the menu button.
- From the menu that appears choose the Backup & Reset option.
- Next, press Factory data reset.
- Only after you read the disclaimer you can tap Restart.
- you should press Erase everything.
Huawei U8860 Honor Upgrade
- Download and unpack onto your micro-SD Card like that: /mnt/sdcard/dload/UPDATE.APP (some ROMs also have UPDATE_CUST.APP, copy it to the same place. If you're update has a second dload_cust (or the like) folder, you need to flash it in a second round just as the first one, by renaming it to "dload")
- Turn off Fast-Boot, and shutdown your phone. If you don't know how to turn off Fast-Boot, pull the battery (it can be found in different places in different ROMs)
- Press and hold volume-up, volume-down and power-button at the same time.
- If everything above was done correctly, you should be able to watch your device upgrading now.