Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to backup and restore data Huawei HiSuite
- Download Huawei HiSuite from the official website http://consumer.huawei.com/minisite/HiSuite_en
- Install the software. Installation is pretty simply and the language will be automatically choosen by your windows language.
Note: If you want to change the Huawei HiSuite UI language go to
C:\Users\<your_username>\AppData\Local\HiSuite\userdata\UserSetting.xml and change the language code in the XML file
Find your language code in C:\Program Files (x86)\HiSuite\LangAreaForShort.xml file.
- Before you connect your Huawei phone to your PC and start the backup process, you have to enable USB debugging. Go to Settings >Applications > Development > USB debugging (in Andorid 2.3.x OS)
Android 4.2 system,You need to check "USB debugging" options in [Settings-> Applications-> Development-> USB debugging] or [Settings-> Developer options-> USB debugging]; -Above Android 4.2 system, You need to touch 'Build number 7 times in [Settings-> About phone-> Build number], then return to settings interface. After that: Developer options will appear and "USB debugging" can be checked after entered it (note: Above Android 4.3 system: Confirm" options may appear after connected cellphone although -USB debugging" options is checked. Please click "Confirm" options to execute usb debugging)
- Once you have connected your phone, in Hi suite under Home icon, all your data will be listed. Click Backup and Restore button.
- Select Backup and Click Next
- Select Backup contents, tick every checkbox you want to save. Click Start.
- When Backup finished, Click Ok. You are one. Your data is backup up to your PC.
- Click on the Backup & Restore button
- Select Restore
- Select the backup file and click start confirm the restore operation. Click Ok.