Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC Ville
Reset from settings
- Turn on your cell phone.
- From the Home screen, press Menu button , and then tap Settings.
- Tap SD & phone storage then Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset phone, and then tap Erase everything
- Ensure the device is off.
- Press and hold the Volume Up and Volume Down buttons, then press the Power button.
- Continue to hold the Volume Up and Volume Down button until the factory reset screen appears.
- Press Volume Down to restart the device.
- The device will now reboot.