Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC Touch Diamond
Use the stylus to press the Reset button located at the opening of the stylus compartment
- Pull out the stylus.
- With the device turned on
- Press and Hold the Volume Down and Enter buttons, then press the Reset button with the stylus tip till message appear
- To HARD Reset, Press the Volume Up button to perform the hard Reset, or else press any other button to cancel.
- You can also use Clear Storage to Reset your device back to factory default settings and/or format the internal storage.
- On the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab and then tap All Settings.
- On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
- In the drop-down menu, select whether to Clear Storage only, Format internal storage only, or Clear storage and format internal storage.
- Enter 1234 and then tap Yes.