Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC Tanager
- Turn off your device
- Hold down the Power button and Record button.
- Hold down both keys till "Enter bootloader press any key" screen appear.
- Then press and hold Action key (on middle of joystick).
- When u see menu, select option 8
- Done, your phone now will reboot.