Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC Shift X9500
Hard Disk Recovery
In case of system failure, Windows Vista® can be recovered to the hard disk by running the hard disk recovery utility. Before starting this utility, make sure to back up important data and files.
To run the hard disk recovery utility
- Shut down the Mobile Computer and then power it on again.
- At the start of the boot-up process, immediately press F3 to run the hard disk recovery utility.
- You will then see the following screen:Press N to continue with the hard disk recovery process. If you press Y, the hard disk recovery utility is terminated.
- The next message prompts you whether or not to rebuild the MBR (Master Boot Record) data: If, aside from drive C, you have created other partitions in the hard disk and you want to keep them, press N. If you press Y, your partitions will be deleted.
- A confirmation message then prompts you whether or not to continue. Press Y to start the hard disk recovery process. If you press N, the hard disk recovery utility is terminated.
- After the recovery process is complete, slide and hold the POWER/HOLD switch for about four seconds to shut down the Mobile Computer.