Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC MAX 4G
Use the Stylus to press the Reset button on the right in the middle at the back of the device.
Reset from Settings
- Turn on your device.
- On the Home screen, slide to the Settings tab and then tap All Settings.
- On the System tab, tap Clear Storage.
- Enter 1234 and then tap Yes.
- Switch on your device
- Press and hold Talk/Send and End then with the stylus press Reset button.
- Now release the Reset Button but continue pressing Talk/Send button until a message shown on the screen.
- Now release the Talk/Send button and reinstall the back cover.
- Now press the Volume Up button and to perform Reset or press Volume Down button to cancel Reset