Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC Magic
Reset from Settings
- Turn on your device.
- From the Home screen, press Menu button, and then tap Settings.
- Tap SD & phone storage then Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset device, and then tap Erase everything
- Turn the phone off.
- With the phone still off, press and hold the Home and Back buttons and then briefly press and release the End call/Power button.
- Release the Home and Back buttons when you see 3 android images.
- Press the Trackball/Action button.
- The phone will then reboot to its factory settings.