Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC Freestyle
Reset Via settings
- From the main Home screen, press OPTIONS,
- And then tap Settings > Security > Factory reset.
- Enter 1234, and then tap OK.
Hard Reset via Phone Buttons
- Turn off the device
- Press and hold the Volume UP, Volume Down and Power/lock Screen buttons.
- When prompted, press Volume Down to perform the factory reset, or press any other button to cancel the reset.
- When prompted, press Volume Down to turn on the phone.