Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC Dream
- Press Power button until your phone is off, or remove and insert the battery.
- Switch on the device
Reset from settings
- Turn on your device.
- From the Home screen, press Menu button, and then tap Settings.
- Tap SD & phone storage then Factory data reset.
- Tap Reset device, and then tap Erase everything
- Turn off your device.
- Hold the Home and Power keys down at same time for about 25 seconds. You will see a yellow triangle screen with exclamation point in the
- Press Alt L.
- Press Alt W for a factory reset.
- Press the Home and Back keys again for about 25 seconds.
The device should then reset again and the hard reset is complete.