Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HTC 8XT
Reset from settings
- Turn on your cell phone.
- Open Settings
- Tap About
- Tap Reset phone and
- Then Tap OK
- Turn the phone off
- Then press and hold Volume Down + Power button.
- Release only Power button, when HTC logo appears.
- When exclamation mark appears, then release the Volume Down key and quickly press the following keys, in order: Volume Up, Volume Down, Power, and Volume Down.
- After the HTC logo appears, the device will display two turning gears as it resets.
- Now your phone will completely reset and restart.