Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HP TouchSmart
To perform a system recovery using recovery discs:
- Right-click on Computer icon and select manage.
- This will launch the Microsoft Management Console.
- On the left side of the MMC, click on Disk Management and it will show you all of the partitions.
- Right-click on the HP Recovery partition and select Mark as Active Partition.
- When the warning prompt appears, select Yes - Reboot and it will automatically boot into the Recovery Manager (without pressing F11).
System recovery from the Windows 7 Start menu
- Click Start and enter Recovery in the search field. Select Recovery Manager from the list when it becomes available. Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The HP Recovery Manager opens.
- Alternately, click Start , All Programs , Recovery Manager , and then Recovery Manager . Allow the action to continue, if prompted. The HP Recovery Manager opens.
- Click Advanced options , System recovery , and then click Next . The PC will restart and reopen the recovery manager.Alternately, if Advanced options is disabled, click Next , and then System Recovery . The PC will restart.
- When the PC restarts, select the System recovery option and click Next .
- If prompted to use the Microsoft System Restore program, click No , and then click Next .
- When prompted, select the Back up your files first (recommended) option, and then click Next . Follow the on-screen instructions.
- When prompted to Recover without backing up your files , please STOP before clicking Next .
Warning: This is the final opportunity to change your mind about recovering the PC and deleting all the files and programs. Once you click Next , the restore process cannot be stopped
- If you are satisfied that you want to begin the recover process, click Next . The PC immediately begins formatting the hard drive and destroying all data.