Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HP Jornada 820e
- Disconnect the sync cable and/or the telephone line from your device.
- Use the stylus to press the reset button
- Disconnect all cables, including the AC adapter from your device
- Remove the main battery.
- Remove the backup battery.
- Wait at least 5 minutes, and then reinstall the batteries and reconnect the AC adapter. Your device should turn on automatically and display the Windows CE Welcome Wizard.
- Restore data to your device from your most recent backup file.