Before you give your handset to repair shop or buy new handset, please try the following procedure to repair your device. First charge your battery more then 70%, backup your important data like phone-book, message, email, images and settings and in most cases take out SIM card and SD card. After doing hard reset not possible to recover your data, so online backup is always important. For all of your data, a backup should be done on a external device, hard drive, raid system media or SD card.
How to Hard Reset HP iPAQ hx2190
- Locate the recessed Reset button on the bottom of your device.
- Use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button.device restarts and displays the Today screen.
- Press and hold down the Calendar and iTask buttons.
- While holding down these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the device for about two seconds.
- When the Pocket PC screen begins to fade, release the Calendar and iTask buttons first, and then remove the stylus from the Reset button.
- The Pocket PC resets and powers on.
To return your device to factory settings after performing a hard reset:
- Tap Start > Programs > File Explorer > My Device .
- Tap the iPAQ File Store folder to open it.
- Tap Edit > Select All .
- Tap and hold the selected files, then tap Delete .
- Tap Yes to delete all file in iPAQ File Store.
On Windows Mobile 2003 SE products, a hard (full) reset clears all user-installed settings, applications, and data from RAM (Random Access Memory), where data and applications you have loaded are stored. A full reset should be performed only if a normal reset does not solve a system lockup or failure. A full reset returns the unit to the factory defaults. Remove AC power before performing a full reset.
NOTE: Data in the iPAQ File Store is maintained following a full reset. For all other data, users must restore data from an expansion storage card or PC Active Sync backup after performing a full reset.
On Windows Mobile 5.0 products, a hard (full) reset stops all running programs, but does not clear user data or applications because they are stored in ROM (Persistent Store feature). A hard reset also resets all hardware registers. Users can perform a Clean Reset, in which the product is cleared to its factory defaults. A clean reset returns the device to the default Windows Mobile 5.0 settings with no user data or applications.
To perform a clean reset please follow these steps:
- Press and hold the Calendar button, the Power button, and the Messaging button.
- While holding these buttons, use the stylus to lightly press the Reset button on the bottom of the device.